Scotchgard™ Repels Dirt & Stains…So Get it!
You love the way your professionally cleaned Oriental or specialty area rug looks when you get it back, right? So...why wouldn’t you want to make that look to last as long as it can? By adding Scotchgard™ to your rug cleaning order you can preserve that fresh & clean look a lot longer. Ask your rug specialist about our professionally applied Scotchgard™ rug protection.
Scotchgard™ delivers its patented one-of-a-kind protection by forming a molecular shield or barrier around each and every rug fiber. This shield reduces the surface area of the rug fibers which causes them to repel liquid, dust and dirt. This also prevents dirt and stains from being ground into or absorbed by the fibers.
3M Scotchgard™ uses proprietary technology to give more repellency than any other carpet or rug protector formula on the market. It repels almost all liquids, which allows accidental spills to be removed rapidly before staining and/or wicking can occur. Dirt and stains love clinging to untreated rug fibers, which spread quickly and become embedded in the fibers. Our professional Scotchgard™ application keeps dirt from sticking to the fibers, which always makes rugs easier to care for.
Scotchgard™ performs the best when professionally applied by your rug cleaner, which has all the right equipment. It is professionally and evenly applied by our spray applicator, dries quickly, and leaves absolutely no odor. Most importantly, it is non-toxic and safe to use around family and pets. It is also Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and solvent-free.
3M recommends the application of Scotchgard™ after each cleaning on any rug fiber types.
With a professional application of our Scotchgard™ rug protector, you will have the assurance that your rug is protected with a premium quality product. The next time you have your rugs professionally cleaned in the St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo area, be sure to ask us for the Scotchgard™ rug protector.
Mistakes Other Rug Cleaners Make in Applying Fiber Protection
- Not using premium quality fiber protector. Discount or cheap protectors are not as effective. Our company uses only the highest quality, 3M Scotchgard™ Protector.
- Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for your rug protector as other cleaner detergents will contaminate the rug protector making it ineffective. Our rug technicians have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for Scotchgard™ protector.
- Improper application of the protector. Some cleaners under apply and some over apply the protector. If under applied, it doesn’t allow for complete penetration on the fibers. Over application could lead to a crusty and stiff rug. We have done so many rugs and our technicians are trained and re-trained for proper application.
- Not grooming the rug. For Scotchgard™ to perform its best, it should be groomed into the rug to allow for full penetration. This ensures proper distribution and drying. We thoroughly groom it deeply into the pile.
6 Reasons You Should Get Scotchgard™ Protection
- Reduces your risk of permanent stains. A beautiful and expensive rug can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected rugs don’t repel spills anywhere near as good as a protected rug. The time that the stain protector buys you, allows you to remove spots and spills effectively.
- Helps save your high traffic areas from becoming damaged. Any kind of dirt or soil is very abrasive and cuts rug fibers like butter. This damaging dirt particles easily bond to an unprotected rug fiber. By getting your rug professionally protected, you will increase the life of your rug drastically. When you regularly vacuum your protected rug, the soils release from the pile much more easily.
- Make spots and stains easier to remove. The easier a spot is removed, the less cleaning agents you will have to use. You will also use less agitation and most spots can be removed easily with just plain old water.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having fiber protection on your rug will enhance your next cleaning. More soil can be removed the next time your rug is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly emergency service calls. Rug protection allows you to remove more spots than you could without protection. You may be able to save a minimal charge by quickly removing the spot yourself.
- 3M recommends the application of Scotchgard™ after each cleaning on all rug fiber types. With an application of Scotchgard™ rug protector, you have the assurance your rug is protected with a premium quality product.
The result of having protector applied to your rug is that your rug will look better and last longer.